BrainChild Academy Store
LEADING THE LEARNER-CENTRIC REVOLUTION - teacher professional development
BrainChild comes to your school and works with up to four teachers to provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to become one of those remarkable teachers that children adore and parents admire.
The PD includes two hours of face to face facilitation and one hour of in-class time. The in-class time provides the unique opportunity to see the lessons and resources demonstrated with your own students in your own classroom.
Teachers will receive:
- Two hours of facilitation
- One hour of in-class demonstration
- Activity Sheet
- Lesson Plan
- PD Workbook
- 1 month of phone/email support
* Travel and accommodation costs may be additional for interstate and regional.
** Online version also available which includes the workbook and 1 month of phone/email support
GET THE RESULTS YOU WANT - Masterclass
A straightforward method that is guaranteed to dramatically increase your results.
Summary of content
In this two hour masterclass, you will learn, a simple but powerful technique that will enable you to dramatically boost your results and confidence. You will come out knowing:
- When to start studying
- How to make the best use of your time
- When to stop studying knowing you will get the best marks you have ever gotten in your life!
We will go step by step through the process of preparing for exams that can be applied across any topic.
Who this short course is suitable for
This short course is suitable for any student that:
- Finds they never have enough time to prepare for exams
- Would like to get the highest marks they can
- Starts preparing for exams by revising the textbook or their notes
The masterclass is held in a venue of your choosing and can have up to 20 students, although we recommend between 5-10 to get the best results. The online version allows you to access the material immediately.
A PURPOSEFUL LIFE - school presentation
An interactive presentation for students from Stages 1–6
A Purposeful Life is a 50min interactive presentation that puts students firmly at the centre of an exciting future — their future.
A humorous look at past innovations and how they have dramatically shaped the world today is used to frame the future of innovation. We then look at some of the pressing challenges facing us today and what it will take to get through them.
Through a series of interactive challenges that can be done right from their seats, students will then gain direct experience of the five key skills they will need to hone to become true innovators — leadership, creativity, motivation, risk taking and confidence.
This presentation prepares and excites students to be active creators of the world they will inherit.
The presentation is tailored to suit each of the stage levels, with an increasing emphasis on what it will take to succeed in the future workplace at the higher levels.
- Clear knowledge of the five key skills required for innovation
- Understanding of the role of innovation in society and economics
- Re-affirm the importance of what they learn at school and their own importance in the future
Julian has a Master of Science (Communication) degree and was Sydney Social Entrepreneur of the Year in 2010. As an educator for over 20 years, Julian enjoys applying his knowledge and experience to hands-on, play-based challenges. His programs rated 4 stars by students, stimulate and excite young learners’ interest in science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM). He believes that nurturing creative problem solving skills is essential to the next generation’s ability to succeed in the coming innovation era.
- A hall or lecture style room where students can be seated facing the presenter for up to 200 students.
- Vocal amplification
- Ability to display images supplied on USB (power point style)
Cost: $1,100 per session or $2,500 per day (incl. GST) 3 sessions in a day
ESCAPE ROOM - holiday activity
Special Agent Needed to Save the Day!
Special Agent, you have been called in to your local shopping mall to help recover treasure that criminal mastermind “Vlad Binchi” has locked in a safe.
To unlock the safe, you will need to solve a series of puzzles each more challenging than the next to reveal a piece of the code. Put all the pieces of the code together in the correct sequence, enter it into the control panel and you just might save the day!
If you will be rewarded!
This is a holiday activity for shopping malls or other organisations that would like to be able to attract and entertain up to 100 children and their families per hour.
Three streams to suit years:
9:30 – 1:00pm
Number of children
Based on 16 children starting every 10mins for 3.5 hours.
$1500 (ex GST)
$4.46 per child
Room to place eight trestle tables in sets of two tables length ways and a welcome point desk.
BrainChild Academy holds $20m in public liability insurance and all presenters have current Working with Children and Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates
There are several optional promotional opportunities that can be linked to this activity to increase the publicity for the Centre.
- Direct communications via email from registered bookings
- Creation of a co-hosted facebook event page to generate interest and ensure bookings are filled.
- Day prizes based on best photo put on facebook and using the Centre and BrainChild’s handles. The day prize can be sponsored by a tenant (for example Kidstuff) and therefore provide an additional and specific promotional opportunity for a tenant.
- Completion prize (for when the children successfully decode the bomb) could be sponsored by a tenant (Kidstuff?) which could take the form of a discount for spending at the shop.
- One of the challenge activities in the escape room activity could incorporate visiting a tenant or using the tenant’s company name in the puzzle providing further exposure.
- If the centre has an app, then we can drive traffic towards the app by having children enter the code into the app, which then reveals the prize (depending on the features of the app, you may be able to randomise the prize and/or offer different prizes. This option also allows us to bump up promotion pre-event.
You can also send these Gift Cards to a school to help them bring BrainChild to a whole class of students.
Our Gift Cards have no additional processing fees and expire after 12 months.
Strawbees - Maker Kit
Strawbees - Inventor Kit
Only a few left!
Strawbees - Crazy Scientist Kit
Only a few left!
Strawbees - Intro Pack
* You can buy straws from the supermarket.
LittleBits - Deluxe Kit
Only a few left!
Make: Getting Started with littleBits
Only a few left!
This book is your comprehensive guide to littleBits. With dozens of curated inventions to supplement the Bit explanations, it’s perfect for beginners, educators, and anyone who wants to dive deeper into the littleBits platform and learn how to use each individual Bit.